Monday, November 19, 2007

Boys vs. Girls


Joe grew up playing with cars and trucks, I grew up playing with cars and trucks. Neither of us played with the "girlie" toys. It just shows that you like what you like no matter your gender. Barbie and baby dolls never seemed much fun to me, instead I would ask for "boy" type toys like remote control cars and car sets. Joe being all manley, played with G.I Joe's and pretend guns. So when we found out we were having a girl I wasn't to familiar with girlie toys and clothes. Selena has pink and girlie clothes courtesy of Auntie Ariel, and the grandparents. It's not that I am anti girl stuff, I just am pulled to boy clothing because it looks more comfortable and is what I would wear. So with all the cars and balls and "boy" toys we have for Selena to play with it's only right that her favorite toy is a doll. I know gasp! A girl that likes a doll, I guess this just showes us you really do like what you like and Selena likes dolls. Her doll has to eat with her and she shares her milk with her doll and cuddles her. So maybe instead of playing with car sets I'm going to have to learn to throw a great tea party, wear pearls and be used to seeing naked barbies. I'm glad Selena knows what she likes and I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: