Wednesday, October 3, 2007

No use crying over missing peaches...


How lazy are we as a society? There are drive through everything! Food, coffee, smoke shops, it's really crazy. I guess they figure smokes wouldn't want to walk the 30' into the store to grab a pack of smokes. There are "Dinner's Ready" places that actually fix your meals and you take home to cook. I never could quite understand all of the fast conveniences until I moved into the city. Back home in OR there was little to no traffic, and when over ten cars were backed up at a light it was a traffic jam. In this fast paced city world it's easy to get caught up in the quick amenities such as a mothers helper or laundry service. Joe and I have stayed away from these choosing to do it all on our own but at my work having a housekeeper once a week is a norm. As I listen to people say they needed to clean up before the housekeeper came yesterday I think doesn't that defeat the purpose of paying someone to do it? Well I'm out of the house at 5:30am and home by 6:15pm Monday-Friday so that leaves the weekends to get the "have to do's" done. Like grocery shopping. The weekend staple is a pain in the rear. I used to love shopping but the busy weekend crowds and lack of time since we are out of town almost every weekend has put a damper on this. So I did what I said I would never do and scummed to a "city" amenity. The Safeway.com shopping delivery.
Joe and I were out of town last weekend and will be out of town this weekend but we were down to mac and cheese and turkey dogs so we needed to shop but both of us have been sick and the laundry and cleaning were piling up so we needed a quick fix. I went online and picked out the items needed and choose the 6pm delivery time since Joe would be home. Well over all it went pretty well, they were right on the dot at 6pm and the guy was friendly. Our fridge and pantry were full by 6:15pm and we were again ready for the week. We were missing the peaches and got someone else's carrots but overall we were happy. Would I do it all the time? Maybe some weeks where we are going two or more weekends in a row, but not all the time. It was a nice break since there is plenty more house upkeep to do.

No comments: