
Joe asked my why I call our beautiful daughter "monster." I'm actually not really sure how it started. We have always been a fan of nicknames, when we found out I was pregnant Joe would nickname her about every month. When we found out she was a girl he nicknamed her "doll face." I think I called her the monster that gave me bad heartburn! When she was born and finally named her I would call her Munchkin Land which makes no sense but sounds cute, Joe calls her Selena Beena for obvious rhyming reasons but Monster is my favorite. She really isn't a monster in the since that she is a terror or a mess maker so I mean monster in the best way possible. She is my little monster, my assertive, talkative, social butterfly of a monster, everything I am not. She definitely got the wanting to be the center of attention thing from her dad, I am so the opposite fly under the radar, blend in kind of gal. So when I'm out with Selena, I know I am going to get attention which I like because I think she is adorable but embarrassed because I don't like to stand out or have people(I know this sounds bad)talk to me. When I'm at the grocery store I just want to get in and get out and now it's a 20 min conversation in isle 11 and it's usually through Selena and the other person.
Isle Lady: "Well what's your name cutie."
Jessica: (I've done this a million times, I'll play along) "Selena"
Isle Lady: "Oh, what a pretty name! And how old are you?"
Jessica: (I'm going to pretend to be looking at the juice, maybe she will leave) "14 months."
Isle Lady: "And look at all that hair! Have you gotten a hair cut? You know I have a granddaughter..."
Jessica: (here we go again! I don't need anything in this isle, just smile and nod)
Okay so you get the point... So Monster, don't know how it can about but monsters crave attention, Selena craves attention and she makes me get attention so there, she's my little lovable monster.
No comments:
Post a Comment