Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fall is in the air...


I can't believe it's already the middle of October. Time to start thinking about the holidays and I'm not quite ready for that. Last weekend Joe's friend Kelly was in town and we didn't really have much planned. On Saturday Selena and I had a mother/daughter day. We don't get those much, don't get me wrong I would much rather hang out as a family but I knew Joe and Kelly wanted to go play in the mud an I just wanted to relax and stay dry and warm. Selena was a doll and we went shopping and ran some errands. Selena just started giving hugs! When I pick her up she throws her arms arms around my neck to hug me and pats my back. It really is so sweet and cute.
Sunday we went to a pumpkin patch because it was a nice sunny warmish fall day. Kelly came with us and we did a corn maze and played with the mini pumpkins. Now this was no ordinary pumpkin patch, this one had a monster truck! Anyone who knows me knows that it is my dream to ride in a monster truck or better yet drive one. Well I did get to ride in it since they would strap in eight people in the truck bed seats and go for a drive. Even Selena got to go! We were all strapped in when the driver turned around an said "There's a seat open up here." Meaning I could actually sit in the truck next to the driver in the cab. Well I thought he was talking to me but her was actually talking to the 8yr old boy next to me, the kid was indecisive about wanting to sit up front and all I was thinking was "say no, say no, say no." I would have jumped at the chance but the kid said sure. I was disappointed and thinking that this kid has many more years to get to do this and I'm getting old so I should be the one to sit up front! But I realized I was the more mature person and needed to let it go but deep down I was still kind of mad at this kid. :) Well we took off and mud flew everywhere, Joe of course had to yell at the driver to "hit the deep mud!" In which the driver did which sent more mud flying all over everyone. Selena, not quite sure what to think, was brushing mud off of her hands and smearing it in her hair. It was just about the coolest ride ever! I don't think the other people thought so as they were thanking Joe in a sarcastic way for telling the driver to hit the big mud. I love fall!

1 comment:

Kati said...

So fun! Darn kids anyways...