Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 5 - YELLOWSTONE

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5216603169694827170" />





So I had not been to Yellowstone since I was 8 and Joe went when he was about 7 so it was time to go back, this time to take out little family and of course uncle Dave. Joe got Selena and I up way to early for the 1.5 hour drive so we both climbed into the truck in our PJ's to catch a few moments of sleep before the busy day.







After stopping in a parking lot for a diaper change and change of clothes for Selena and I were at the west end of the park. After about 10 min of driving we saw lots a buffalo crossing the road. Let me tell you how crazy it was to see this, I remember this in '88 when I was just a kid but it's even cooler as an adult. So we drove and got out and drove and got out to see all the sights along the way to Old Faithful. Selena didn't seem to impressed with it all, I guess as any 2 year old would be. She loved being able to run around and liked the "petty wawa" of the hot springs the best.




We were able to watch Old Faithful but Selena was really unimpressed and would rather throw rocks than sit still to watch, but hey, we have proof in the pictures that she was there.




Dave (seen above) is single ladies, he is Joe's younger (not by much) brother.
We also got the best gas milage of the trip and in the truck! They must put something in the gas in MT.

No comments: