Monday, May 19, 2008

More wheeee and skinned knee



It was the perfect weekend weather, just wish it would last. My dad came up to visit and we enjoyed the sunny Saturday by hiking and relaxing in the kiddie pool. It was a nice day to get out in the yard and realize that there are a lot of weeds that need to be tended to... but that will be next weekend’s project.





Saturday night we went out to eat at Anthony's on the Tacoma waterfront, we were actually able to eat out on the deck something that only happens a few times a year up in the northwest. The temp was great and so was the food and two desserts we shared. Selena also got her first skinned knee. She can be pretty reckless running around the house and falling to her knees on the carpet but this time it was on the cement dock and it was not forgiving on the little knees. Although she didn't really cry she ran to me for a hug and then pulled up her shorts to reveal her left knee all skinned up. Of course this was my moment to make a big deal of it because this was the first of many I'm sure. The rest of the evening she would so proudly show it off to anyone who would look. As soon as we got home I cleaned it up and took pictures to remember.




Sunday also started off warm so we played in the backyard in the swing. As the swing would slow down Selena would fuss and say "morwee." Now this was a word I could not figure out but she was persistent, "morwee! morwee!" So I would push her again and she would squeal "whheeeee!" It took a few times of her slowing down for me to figure out she was saying "more wheee" as in push me again. Wheee is the word I use when I push her so she was thinking that this swinging motion was called wheee. Silly monster.

No comments: