We have a list going of all the home projects we want to do, most of the items on the list involve replacing doors and molding. So we decided since it was a three day weekend we would start in the entry/living/dining rooms and go from there. We spent so much time at Lowes and Home Depot that they knew us by name at the end of the weekend but we made progress. Since I like everything done instently I would have loved to just get rid of all the very ugly doos and moldings in one shot but I knew that would be too much in one weekend. We planned on replacing the front closet and panty doors, painting everything two tones and adding a chair rail and then base molding. Of course then we ripped out the stair rail and baby gate also, the baby gate we plan to leave off and the stair rail will be sanded and restained but that will be another project for later on. Saturday was all the painting and door instalation, Sunday was base molding and Monday was putting the house back together. We never did get to the chair rail so we will work on that the evenings this week. Just getting this much done makes me want to get the rest of the house done but with trips to OR and the Montana vacation coming up I know that it will be Fall before we do any more.
1 comment:
looks good!! the doors are a very nice improvement! I can't wait until i can do my home improvement projects again....
Post a Comment