
Because my niece is three months older than Selena we get lots of hand-me-downs. And I mean LOTS! Little Emmalee is the most stylish little monster and puts Selena's "boy" clothes to shame. My sister buys all these super fancy name brands co-signment of course, most of them I have never heard of. She will say "this is (insert super fancy name brand here) and it cost's about $80 and I got it for $10." My response "cool."
Joe and I are not even close to being into name brands. Seriously I would rather save my money for a rainy day than buy $150 jeans. No pair of jeans are worth that just because they have the name Seven. And I only know that name because many of the gals I work with wear them on dress down Friday. Who cares, I have a savings account do they?
So back to my niece, Selena get's bags full of way cute barely worn clothing. She has more clothes than Joe and I combined. And because she idolizes her cousin we always let me know when she is wearing an Emma item and she gets super excited. She can point out each shirt or pair of pants that were Emma's. I don't know how she does it but I think it has something to do with the fact that it is stylish. The clothing I pick up for Selena are pretty plain and practical and Emma's clothing while beautiful and very appreciated are more for the style aspect.
So while getting Selena into her sleeper last night she kept squirming out of my reach and said "no, Emma shht." I was thinking shirt? You don't need a shirt, and then I realized she was saying no to the sleeper and wanted one of the sleepers of Emma's. I don't know how she knew that this sleeper wasn't one that Emma gave us but she knew and wanted no part of it. So maybe we'll have a fashionista on our hands, at least one of us in the Alonzo family should be.
Can you tell we just stopped using the binky:

A cup of tea before bed:
1 comment:
with the middle name Elise, what did you think was gonna happen?
:)
Post a Comment