Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the big 3-0

So I turned 30 yesterday, can't believe that I'm not in my 20's anymore it's not that I feel old or anything time just goes to fast. We got back from Whistler yesterday after a fun 4 days of biking, walking and shopping. Oh and eating a TON.
We got into Whistler Friday about noon and the boys took off for biking. The girls and I enjoyed a lot of walking and getting the wiggles out after the drive.
Saturday the boys hit the mountain again for biking in the rain, hail and snow. The girls and I did some shopping and more walking. I never get to spend much chill time in Whistler since we are usually biking so it was nice to just walk around. I got mistaken for a local and asked for directions four different times but since we spend so much time there I was able to help each of them find their way.
Sunday was my turn. I hit the mountain with one of Joe's friends knowing that I had about a four hour window before Natalia would need to be fed. We started the day on "Crank it up," a fast flowy trail with jumps, wall rides and some other technical fun obstacles. After that we went to the top of the mountain(most of the trails are mid way up, there more technical ones are at the top)to do Blue Velvet, a new trail this year. After a few more rides on "Crank it up," "A-Line" and another ride from the top I ended the day on one of my favorite technical trails, B-line to Karate Monkey to Samurai Pizza Cat to Ho Chi Min to Hart of Darkness. All in all each ride from mid way takes about 10-15 min and from the top 20-30 min. I was pretty worn out but totally remembered why I love biking so much and would have loved to do another day.
So now we are home and I have less that three weeks left before I have to go back to work and a lot I still want to do around the house but I am getting really lazy since I have nothing I HAVE to do each day. After being gone each weekend for the last month we are sticking around from now until I go back to work. We are going to go hiking this weekend and then have an evening wedding to go to for some good cake but other than that we are just going to sit around and watch Natalia smile.

No comments: