Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The things they say...

I know any parent or granparent has a million stories about the funny things kids do and say. I know I have quite a few that crack me up, Selena is to funny sometimes.
Today we had to drive to Bellevue to see my Dr and as I drove out of the driveway I got excited to listen to Howard Stern. I don't usually leave the house early anymore so I haven't heard his radio show for well 7 weeks.
I did think, "hmmm, is Selena to young still or will she catch on to what I'm listening to." Just as I thought that I heard her break into song in the back seat. "JESUS lovvves me this I know!..." So I figured she would not even notice. I put it on trying to figure out who his guest was and the first word I hear is sh**. Selena stops singing and says "We don't say sh**." WHAT?? She was listening for bad words? So I said he said "sit." Then she starts in with "take me out to the ball game." Again I feel like she is not paying attention and continue to listen. The guest, who I still have not figured out who it is was telling a story and says "fu**." Again Selena stops singing and says, "we don't say fu**." Seriously! Joe and I don't talk like that at all so I have no clue where she got that. I tried to cover it up by saying he was talking about a hockey puck but I had my answer about if I could still listen to Howard with Selena in the car. I turned it to radio Disney and listened to Hannah Montania and the Jonas Brothers for the rest of the trip and Selena LOVED it.
Then on the way home she asked me why my car was wearing sunglasses when it was not sunny. I had no clue what she was talking about and say "my car is not wearing sunglasses honey." She said "yes it is, they are blue." Then I noticed the blue tinted strip at the top of the windshield and just had to laugh. She then told me that the truck also wears sunglasses but the Sammy does not.

No comments: