Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The things peope do

Four times a year at my company we have a quarterly meeting. These meetings are informative, stressful, fun, a lot of work to prepare for, sometimes relaxing, and lots of food. Usually we have them at great locations like Phoenix, Palm Spring or Bozeman and sometimes we have them in WA at fancy hotels. Sometimes we do fun activities like horseback riding, mountain biking(the easy kind), fishing or golf. Or sometimes we just meet and eat. We had our meeting a few weeks back in Kirkland, WA at the fancy Heathman Hotel where you are not allowed to park your own car because who does that anymore? Valet parking at the hotel to valet parking at the restaurants whose meals are more like a snack size portions. And while I look forward to the break from the office, it also means 14 hour long days of meetings and I usually have 5-6 presentations so I don't just get to sit back.
My favorite part is planning the team building activities, I'm not sure how I am the lucky one who gets to plan these games each qtr but I enjoy the fact that I can get people to do this:

and this:

Or watch the CFO and Regional Maintenance Super share a pair of scissors:

Or the Business Director and Regional Manager type on a keyboard upside down:


How about making the VP use to opposite hand to cut out shapes being timed:


If nothing else I get a good laugh...

No comments: