Monday, May 18, 2009

Save the Date(s)

Little monster number two is expected on July 30, 2009 @ 12:30pm. Now I can let work know, get in some good quality time with Selena in the few days before, plan for care of Selena during and plan a little party for Selena's 3rd birthday and Joe's 30th. I'm thinking August 15th or 16th. I don't want to totally skip Selena's b-day this year not that she would notice but with Joe's big birthday and the new baby it might be fun to get everyone together for an all-in-one party.
I have another ultrasound next Wednesday to check my placenta and then just two months left! This pregnancy is for sure going faster than the first and I'm not complaining because I'm just hitting that "feeling huge" stage and I know it's only going to get worse as we get into summer. I was packing for camping this weekend and relized I really don't have many t-shirts that fit and the pants that fit last time are a little snug.

We are going camping this weekend for the holiday in Camp Sherman, OR area. The MacDonald family will be joining us and Forrest, Hope and her son. Of course Uncle Dave will be there to get lots of wresteling time in with Selena, which she has been talking about all week. Looks like the weather is going to be nice and sunny so can't complain. It will be fun to meet up with friends and get the summer off to a good start plus we just love central OR and will be doing some hiking, exploring and relaxing.

Last weekend we put in all new beauty bark outside and I planted three rose bushes, we already have three and they are so pretty so I wanted to add more color to the front yard.

We hiked Rattlesnake Ledge trail out towards Snoquowmie Pass and it was beautiful on top of the vista. Selena hiked most of the way up but it's pretty steep and her short little legs needed a few breaks so she rode on daddies shoulders. Once at the top we enjoyed the view and some lunch before heading back down. But not before Selena wanted to go potty on the trail like a big girl. She wanted to go #2 on the trail like the doggies do but we decided against that and made her wait. She and Joe ran most of the way down and she took about six good spills scraping up her legs but loving every minute of it.

Kelly, Joe's friend from OR, came up for the weekend. He has a 7 week old but it was just him that made the trip. Jen and Carter stayed at home and they will be back up in a few weeks so we can meet Carter for the first time.

No comments: