I had my follow-up ultrasound today to check my placenta. When I got in the tech said that she was going to take some measurements and then check my placenta.
The good news is the baby is healthy. The bad news is that my placenta is still really low and the baby is measuring really, really small. So now they are concerned that the baby is not getting enough blood flow and nutrients through the placenta. I asked how small and she said the 10th percentile, like four weeks behind small.
It didn't really freak me out at the time because I was processing it trying to figure out what to do next. I have an ultrasound next week to check the placenta and another ultrasound the following week to check for growth. So it's just going to be a waiting game the next few weeks to see if she grows and where to go from there. She told me there could be a few reasons for a small baby. 1. She may just be a really small baby. 2. She is not getting enough nutrients. 3. She could have a genetic defect.
She is measuring in at 29-30 weeks as far as developments to her body. Not at all what I expected today but this little girl has given Joe and I a few surprises. And yes they did confirm it is a girl, she was not being very lady like today and showed her goods.
As she kicks and squirms around while I type this I can't help but think there must be something wrong with their machines because this little monster sure doesn't feel small! I can hardly bend over to put on my shoes and socks! I would hate to think what she would be like if she was "normal" size.
After calling Joe to give him the update of course my mind is going into overdrive thinking was it something I did that caused her to be small?? Was is the cup of coffee I have in the mornings? Was it the kickboking class I take on Friday's?? Am I not drinking enough water? Am I pushing to much excersise? Is it the 6 hours of sleep I get on weeknights that is not enough? Am I trying to do to much around the house? ...
This list goes on and I know that it could be none of these things but as a mom you just can't help but wonder...
If she is just a small baby then at least I'll be able to blame it on Joe. :)
2 comments:
I hope everything turns out well. I wouldn't worry about too many of the things you are doing...I drank caffeine, didn't get very much sleep, and ran around after Oliver and I got a 10 1/2 pound baby!!
you are a super mom for working out like you do and taking Kick Boxing!! WOW!! i barely had energy to take a 2 mile walk!
I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm sure she is just a tiny little petite thing. I hope everything turns out good! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment