Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend


Picture taken at Libby's baby shower a month ago.

Gwynn and Selena at Libby's baby shower... hugging or wrestling?



Hope all you beautiful mothers and mothers to be had a great relaxing weekend. I need to grab Joe's camera and post pictures from the last three weekends but I forgot it again today!
Alonzo's came up for the weekend, they made it up on Friday afternoon just in time to take Selena to the doctor for another ear infection. Yes, she has tubs and still gets them, just not as much. They found that one tube was working it's way out so it was pulled out of her ear.
Saturday we woke up to sun... finally! We took Alonzo's to Golden Gardens in Seattle to hang out on the beach, yes there are beaches in Seattle with real sand. After that we went to the Locks where all the boats leave the lake and head out to sea. We ate fish and chips at a local hang hangout and headed back south on a scenic drive since Selena had fallen asleep and was a real grouch all day because of her eat. We did a little shopping, my maternity shirts are getting to small so I picked up a few larger sizes at Old Navy and then we went to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Joe and Debbie's wedding anniversary which was a few weekends back.
We took the cheesecake to go because we were so stuffed after dinner but enjoyed them at home while watching Frost/Nixon.
Mother's day surprised us again with sun! Joe had a sweet card for me that talked about the types of mother's day gifts I used to want like massages. And now I have been talking about new beauty bark for the outside of the house so that was my gift. So we may be spreading bark this weekend, oh the things that I get excited about now. Grandma and Grandpa Alonzo watched Selena while Joe and I went on a date to grocery shop, not an exciting date but it went faster without the monster. Selena's ear was feeling better by today and we spent most of the day outside, I weeded the sandbox and played in the sun with Debbie and Selena while Joe and Joe washed and vacuumed the cars.
We had Smith's over for a BBQ but by this time the sun had disappeared behind the clouds and the wind picked up. So much for the sun... hope to see you in the next month or so. It was nice to see baby Kendall, she's already 7 weeks and getting big. Avery and Selena played outside, they did not seem to care that is was chilly and were covered in sand by the time we ate.
After the Smith's left we put on the Curious Case of Benjamin Button not knowing that it was a LONG movie. So it took us two days to watch so I missed dancing with the Stars last night. My Monday night favorite show.
FYI, Joe's bumper has still not arrived, it's looking like a few more weeks so I may get him to hang closet doors and do trim in Selena's room after all.

Thank you for the pictures of the little monster Katrina!

1 comment:

Dave Alonzo said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. Look forward to seeing you guys on Memorial Day weekend. And that picture with Gwynn and Selena - that is Greco-Roman wrestling at it's best.