
You finally hit a day during your pregnancy that you just have to face the fact the belly has won. The belly does not want to be squeezed into pre-pregnancy pants just because you like all your old pants. Today is that day, well actually it was a few weeks ago but I have been in denial. Monday I realized that wearing pants, even a few sizes bigger in the waist, while fine(but snug) in the morning, result in driving home in the evening with them totally unbuttoned and unzipped. I from now on an going to have to wear the stretchy waist, I hit the 25 week mark, I guess that is the cut-off. Gone are the days using the bella band to prolong my suits, now I get to continuously keep pulling up on that elastic waistband(you gals know what I mean) while your maternity underwear is showing. If only I could wear sweats for the next three months, oh just thinking about that makes me happy.
And then there are the maternally shirts, which I love by the way. Unless I wake up in denial and put on a regular shirt. Like I said it may fit in the morning but as the belly grows throughout the day the shirt seems to shrink and roll up showing my ever present belly band and sometimes that fact that my pants are unzipped.
How the heck can I look professional in a meeting with my zipper down?
So yesterday I gave in, today I gave in, tomorrow I will again give in, to all that is maternity. If only the weather would get warmer, I have about 15 maternity dresses from last pregnancy, they just look a little to summery for the 48 degree weather we are blessed with today.
1 comment:
What is really sad is when you don't fit into any maternity pants except ONE pair that you own and your maternity shirts can't even cover your belly and the stretch panel anymore!!
tip:
motherhood has the secret belly band that come up to your bra practically...unfortunately the only way i've found for not having to pull them up all day is to wear a belly support band...
Post a Comment