From the Miss USA pagent:
These girls should just stick to wearing swimsuits and not talk, never open their mouths... but then I wouldn't have anything to laugh at...
Q During the show, Perez Hilton asked "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"
A "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."
-Miss California Carrie Prejean
Q "Do you think the United States should have universal health care as a right for citizens? Why or Why not?"
A "You know, what this is an issue of integrity, regardless of which end of the of political spectrum that I stand on. I've been raised in a family to know right from wrong, and politics whether or not you fall in the middle, the left or the right, it's an issue of integrity whatever your opinion is and I say that with the utmost conviction."
-Miss Arizona Alicia Blanco
This one makes me laugh the most, I have no idea what she said but I think this practiced answer was for a different question. Maybe about the bailout??
Q "Should tax payers money be used to bailout struggling companies, why or why not?" Kristen, who would go on to win the crown, responded that she didn't think US companies should get taxpayers' money, which instead should be spent on:
A "Education and school systems and welfare and health care. That's what out taxpayers money should go to, absolutely."
-Kristen Dalton Miss North Carolina
Ding, ding, ding, we have a... winner? This is the answer that won her the crown? Again, stick to getting your nails and hair done and let other people do the thinking.
Heck no I didn't watch, I listened to Howard Stern and laughed right along with everyone else. Gotta love these pagents for something. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment