Saturday started early, Selena and I usually sleep in until 7:30ish on the weekends since we get up super early on week days. Selena must have forgotten because at the crack of 5am she was ready to go to the fair. My mistake was talking up the fair all week so when morning came she knew we could go to the fair.
After trying to convince her that is was not morning I finally threatened that if she didn't go back to sleep we would not go to the fair. Well that only worked until 6am when it starts getting light. So we got up and knowing that we still had a few hours until the fair opened we cleaned up the house and ran a few errands, a much needed Starbucks run.
We got the the fair at 10am and the place was already packed, later I learned 73,000 people came thought the gates on Saturday. Determined to make it most of the day we started off slowly by getting a famous fair scone. We played in the kids zone inside before heading over to meet Dora and boots and then see all the animals. We watched a pirate show, only 1/2 since the rides were with-in Selena's view and that is all she cared about. We bought a ride pass and I knew she was still a little short for her age, thanks to dad, so she tried out the boat ride first.

The motorcycle ride really caught her eye but she was to small by 2" but what's 2"? We waited in line, the worst they could do was turn us away. She got on and loved it! I think she was smiling the whole time. FYI- the ride in the background being taken down with the swirly circles, this one came crashing down the night before injuring 7 people. Selena was living life on the edge!


Next her and I went on the fire truck, it's like a smaller version of the Ring Of Fire, where the fire truck goes around up in the air. Again, she was too short for this one. We again waited in line for yet another one she was too short for, the airplane. We got caught but as the guy took us to the front of the line to measure her, there was a girl about 3ish waiting to get on and he already approved her. They were about the same height, so instead of measuring her with the line he used this kid. Well, she went on this ride twice and loved it.

After lunch, which only I ate because Selena got one of her cars, which I didn't know she brought, stuck in a hole. (yes I got it out but she was so distrait and couldn't focus on food.) We checked out more animals, snakes and face painting. She loved the rides but was afraid of face painting. I don't understand it.

Now for my favorite part, the elephant ear! Selena said she was not hungry but just one bite of this sugary heaven and she was hooked. After jacking my child up on sugar we went and watched the dock dog competition where dogs jump off of a dock into water to see who can go farther. By this time it was 4pm, I really wanted to catch the demolition derby at 6pm but without a nap all day I knew I would be pushing it. So back to the car we went where the monster fell asleep within 5 min of leaving.
Sunday was just as sunny and warm, Joe got home about 9:30am so we pretty much spent the whole day outside, washing/cleaning out cars, pulling weeds, playing ball, Selena rode her bike and I mowed the lawn for the first time since I was about 13. We had some time to kill while Joe was waiting for a guy to come by and buy some tires so we showed Selena how to pick up trash down our ally.
Now when we bought this house I always said I wanted to live down a dirt road. Well, being in the city this is the closest thing.
Here is our house form the back, the front is on the street and the back is on an ally. (notice all vehicles finally have WA plates!) anyway...

Here is looking one way down the ally...

Here is looking the other way...

The ally is a magnet for trash and here is how much we picked up...

There is still more buried under brush and far more work than we wanted to tackle in an afternoon but it was a start. One of our neighbors filled the pot holes so you know, working together is always a plus.
Enjoy the sun!
No comments:
Post a Comment