I was offered a new position at my work today and it has me sitting on the fence of wether or not I want to take it. When the VP called me in her office and let me know of this opening I knew there had to be a catch. Well there was. Latley I have been down to once a month for travel, one week a month. I can handle this since I used to travel two-three weeks a month not that long ago. But since March it has been once, well the catch was it will be more travel again. Two weeks a month and if there are issues at the properties then three weeks, not likley but not out of the question. The VP knows my issue with travel since I have worked with her for over five years and before Selena I had no issue with it obviously, well maybe a little issue. Of course I missed Joe and my own bed but it was easier. With a two year old that I miss everytime I have to leave her it becomes a problem. I would keep my same job tasks that I have now but there would be more respnsibility, travel, inspections and more employees to supervise. And I hate babysitting, er, supervising people.
So what do I do? Do I take on an extra week of travel for more pay or do I hold tight with the one week a month of travel I currently have? That is the million dollar question that I need to figure out. I'm weighing the pros and cons, there really are only two cons. Travel(I hate all air travel, rental cars and hotels) and being away from my family. Financialy this would be great and Joe would be closer to retiring and spending all his time on bikes and cars.
No comments:
Post a Comment