Friday, March 30, 2012

Fun with products

My goal was to have Natalia potty trained before I went back to work.  Well she had different ideas.  We started potty training Tally at about 2.  We knew that is wasn't going to be instant and be easy and maybe just maybe with her strong willed little personality she would push back and we were right.  But we went ahead and bought pull-ups, big girl undies and I had cloth pull-ups from when Selena was potty training so we were set.  We started with gummy worms and that seemed to work okay.  It was hit and miss but we did see progress.  When the gummy worms stopped working we tried jelly beans which peaked her interest and put her back on the path to dryness.  The week before Wade was born she did so well.  We would out her in underwear and even take her out to stores, we would just be careful to ask her if she needed to go.  Well baby Wade came and while she continued to do pretty well she did regress.  Wanting to use a binky and wear Wade's diapers.  Well knowing her and knowing that she wanted to see if we would let her, I gave her a binky to suck on.  She decided that she actually did not want it.  Same thing with the diapers, while actually they were a bit tight but did fit, she decided that now that we actually let her try them, she did not like them.  I tried my best during my time off to be consistent with potty training but like all good plans it didn't turn out so well.  Now that she is back in school and on a schedule she is doing very well.  She is dry all night and goes in the morning, not every morning.  Like all things Natalia, this has to be on her terms.
Willing to try something new I found these:
They turn the water colors.  Well while Natalia was not to sure about them at first, Selena LOVES them.  Since Selena loves them so does Natalia.  In fact I find her most often going potty or poo and then putting it in to color her potty and poo and she finds this super funny.

I never have any time to myself like many moms.  You will hardy ever find me with my nails polished because of the time it takes.  When I get them done which has been about 4 times in my life, I love the way they look but the time it takes to get them done and then the actual dry time is killer.  At home if I paint my nails and then try to factor in dry time and by 2 min later someone always needs something so I end up with marks.  Also I have never been a great painter.
I bought a box of this about a year ago meaning to try it:

I didn't buy the crazy looking ones, just a solid color.  I finally tried it on Sunday night.  They are like sticker polish I guess.  They are think and flexible and goes on like tape so I was a little worried that they would not last or peel.  Well 5 days later they look like this:

Good as new, no chipping, no peeling, very shiny and look and feel just like actual polish!  I am totally sold and bought four more boxes. 

There are a few of my favorite things for the day!

No comments: