Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Never a dull moment...

Joe and I were both tired from the week.  It was finally Friday night and we were going to go out to dinner with friends.  Before we left I decided to unpack Wade's and Natalia's backpacks form school.  I pulled out their sheets and blankets and any dirty clothing.  Wade's from blowouts, drool and spit up.  Natalia's from potty training.  After I pulled everything out and threw it in the laundry basket I noticed some underwear on top that did not look familiar.  I thought maybe some kids underwear got into Natalia's bag which happens when you have 20 or so kids all potty training in one classroom.  I picked them up and discovered a thong.  A thong?  How the heck did a thong end up in Natalia's bag?  While I was holding them Joe walked in, he had Wade in the car seat and the girls ready to head out to dinner.  He asked why I was stalling and I said "ummmm, I found a thong in Natalia's backpack."  And he responded, "well it's not mine."  Which had me chuckling to myself.  I sure hope Joe doesn't wear a thong.  I threw the thong on the laundry basket.
He asked if it was mine and since I don't even think I own a thong I knew is wasn't.  While Joe and I are discussing this very strange situation, I glanced down at Natalia who was now jumping up and down beside me... wearing the thong on her head!
Butt floss right down the center of her nose!  She has NEVER put any underwear on her head before.  Not hers, mine, Selena's... but a strangers, SURE!  Why not, looks like fun mom!
I grabbed it off her head, Joe grabbed it form me and threw it in the trash.  I emailed the daycare directors to see if they knew anything about it.
One said she had no idea.  The other said one of the daycare girls found it on the floor near Natalia's bag and guessed that it was mine.  Mystery solved.  It must have gotten stuck on a blanket in someones dryer and hitchhiked a ride to school.  So someone is most likely missing their thong, I sure hope it is not their favorite because it is now in a landfill.
I only now wish I would have grabbed the camera to take a picture of Natalia with the underwear on her head.  But here is one of her doing a class project the day of the underwear incident.


No comments: