Monday, April 9, 2012
Always a project never the time...
We have not really had a big house project in a year. We redid the kitchen last spring and I thought I was good with house projects for a while. Two weeks ago Joe spilled red punch crystal light down the stairs carpet. So the top two stairs are stained a nice shade of pink. So we looked into carpet. After getting a professional estimate of over $4,000 I didn't stop there. I wanted an estimate of new flooring as well for the kitchen, dining room, living room, entry way and down the hall. So with a total of about $12,000 I pretty much tabled that. Joe went to Home Depot on Saturday and met Bill AKA "The Zombie Killer." Joe's nickname for the older gentleman. Well Joe learned a lot about flooring and decided that he could do it himself using Bill's knowledge. Sunday I went with Joe to Home Depot to "just look" at flooring and see what type and color we wanted. I also got the meet Bill and he made it seem that this little DIY flooring project would be easy enough for Joe to do. I found the flooring I liked; of course it was like $2.00 more per sqft then the stuff Joe was looking at. Me and my expensive taste and all. So we bought enough flooring to do the den and try it out. In true Alonzo fashion this was Sunday at 4pm. We seem to get these projects started late in the day on a Sunday. Not that we don't have enough going on already. So after getting home Joe washed my car and his truck while I moved furniture to the garage to prep the room for you know... next weekend. By the time we went to bed last night the carpet and pad where out of the house and we have nothing but a cement floor! Well I guess now we have to do the floor! So for the next 6 months or so our house is going to be in total disarray while we do room to room and then eventually so the carpet next year. So the lovely pink stairs will stay a bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment