Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dr. "Crapweasel"

No this is not a bash on my Dr. I actually like Dr.Crapweasel very much!
My last post about Dr. Crapweasel was on 6/25/2009 when I was pregnant with Natalia and there were lots of growth issues. She was in the 20th % and none of the ultrasound Dr's seemed to give us any answers except "come back in a week and we will check the growth." Well after going back week after week I finally met Dr. Gavrila AKA Dr. Crapweasel who said to us in a very matter of fact way "Your baby is not going to be a dwarf!" That was all Joe and I needed to hear to make us feel better and trust that someone would tell us as it is.
Post of that day:
http://thealonzofamilysite.blogspot.com/2009/06/dr-crapweasel.html

So, why Dr. Crapweasel?
Look at this picture of Palo on Friends. Ross called him a "crapweasel."


Now look at Dr. Gavrila:


I know, Joe and I picked up on it right away! And the fact that both are from Brazil and have a thick accent just add to it.

So about him being very matter of fact about Natalia NOT being a dwarf but jyst being really small. He told me today that this baby is BIG. It's 4lbs 4oz and in teh 70th % for weight and 75th % for head size. He was worried about me making it full term and having to give birth and was trying to talk about options if this baby reached 9lbs. I said no worry I'm having a c-section and the relief on his face totally showed and he said "Good!" Now I'm not used to hearing "good" when I mention having a c-section, most people think it's a bad thing and say "Why?" He wen on to tell me that in his country of Brazil it was 100% of the chosen method and a great thing. Hummm, now that's a first. I never had an issue with having a c-section anyway.
Baby's heart rate is 128 and everything looks good so I'm very happy about that since I have had three minor bleeding episodes. No idea why, each time it was mid day 11am-2pm.
I was told to keep working out and do not eat more than 400 extra calories a day because the baby is growing so well. Totally different than Natalia when I was told to eat more and move less.
So I guess all is good in baby world!

Belly at 31 weeks:

1 comment:

Erin said...

i'm calling it now. Not only is bambino a boy, but he will 9lbs 8oz and 21" long...