Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Playing with fire

I'm happy to report that two mice went to Heaven yesterday. We were begining to think that they were outsmarting us but Joe outsmarted them.
Joe and the girls got home yesterday evening before I did and Selena noticed right away that we had caught two mice.

Joe: Looks like we got two!
Selena: The mice went to Heaven to be with Jesus?
Joe: Yep
Selena: What is that red stuff dad?
Joe: It's blood.
Selena: Lets not tell mom!

Well at least we are getting somewhere on that. In other news there is an arsonist on the loose in our neighborhood. He/she/they have set 12 fires in the last three weeks in peoples yards. There were mostly close to Selena and Natalia's school about 1/2 mile away but yesterday morning we woke up to the news saying the latest fire was on our block. About 9 houses south! Yikes! So we are keeping an eye out because the trees that they are starting the fires on at each location are all over our property. The front and all the way down the north side. I have been a little on edge and Joe thinks I'm going crazy but I am about to get up at 2am and watch out the windows until daylight. Joe won't take the 11pm-2am shift so I'm out of luck. I hope these little punks get caught soon in the mean time I am keeping my eye out for any suspicious activity and Joe and I did call in one tip of a supicious vehical checking out the neighborhood in the two days before the latest insident. No fires last night so I am ready to spring into action tonight. Who am I kidding, once I fall asleep I hear nothing...

No comments: