Monday, May 24, 2010

50 degree swing

I'm back in the Pac NW, I left AZ when it was a 100 degrees and sunny and arrived to 48 degrees and pouring down rain. The week went so fast, I with I could say I got some sun but working from 7am-7:30pm didn't really allow for that. I usually had just enough energy to drag myself to the hotel gym before heading back to my room and trying to get some of my work done. While I was at the property I was training a new staff, interacting with residents and leasing apartments. Yes, I have have not lost my touch. I think the staff were pretty impressed that I could actually walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

The weekend went by in a blur. Joe worked on the Sammy all weekend which left me to figure out what to do with the kiddos. Since I was gone all week I used this time to surprise, surprise! Clean the house and get caught up on laundry. I had every intention of getting out of the house and taking the girls to the gym so I could take a cycling class at 9am but instead watched the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Which by the way is very creepy this day and age, things have really changed since I was a kid. And since it was still raining we went to the mall so Selena could get the wiggles out on the indoor play equipment. Natalia has another ear infection. 15?? 16?? I have lost count, so she is on the same 10 day supply of meds like always and when she gets another one in 14 days we will take her back in for blood tests.
I could tell Selena needed some one-on-one mommy time so I took her to Shrek in 3D. She loved it and laughed the whole time. I knew she would think it was just about the coolest thing ever and it really was. The movie was pretty good but the 3D made it great.


With her 3D glasses...

...and popcorn!

Sunday we went a did a little fun shopping and grocery shopping. It of course was still raining and why wouldn't it be since it the end of May. We dropped off some things at Goodwill and then went shopping at Goodwill. Selena needed a few size 4 items and at this age she thinks Goodwill is still cool. I know when she hits 13 or so shopping at Goodwill is no longer going to be a cool place to get clothes.

The differences in Selena and Natalia are really coming through. I feel like Joe and I are going to see what it's like to have a "normal" baby/toddler. Selena was one where we never had to baby proof, she didn't really seem interested in her surroundings, one toy would keep her busy. I could give her crayons and a coloring book and trust that they crayons would only be used on the paper. When we moved into our house it was already baby proofed and we had to teach Selena how to open the baby proofing. I have already seen Natalia trying to break into the kitchen cupboards probably to find where the food is hidden. She started crawling, we put the baby gate up on the stairs. Yesterday she followed me around the house and managed to bang on anything and everything she could find. She is now pulling herself up so everything was put up higher. Baths in the sink and going to be coming to an end because she tries to stand up, drink out of the soap dispenser or pull anything on the counter into the bath with her. Last weekend we made Salmon for dinner, the dishes were in the other sink next to where she was taking a bath. I found her eating the salmon and rice off the dirty dishes, she was picking it off and kept going back for more. She is now eating more than Selena and usually finishes leftovers on Selena's plate. It's hard to believe that she is in the 25% for weight! Her hands never stop moving or grabbing and now that she is mobile nothing is safe! Defantly not Selena's toys though is is facinated by the remotes and is a channel changer like her dad.
Oh yeah, and we found out that we have some mice living in our garage so Joe has been at war with them. He got four mouse traps and put some peanut butter on them. The next day all the peanut butter was gone on each one but there were no mice in the traps. So he was outsmarted but I think he will only give them one pass, they will not be so lucky next time.

2 comments:

Jamee said...

must be a second child thing. Ryder was the same as Selina, never went through any of the "normal" baby stuff, Averee complete opposite!!! and still going through it!! Good luck! lol ;)

Erin said...

Henri and Natalia are so much alike! Must be the year of the Bull in them...
Oliver got into things so that isn't a change in our house...but now he know what he can get into so some of the baby proofing is gone and Henri is learning all about it! He will go out of his way to get any electronic item and LOVES Oliver's new Buzz Lightyear toy!
we also have mice in our house and they are outsmarting our attempts aw sell!