Monday, April 26, 2010

Stress? What stress?

The headline story in Yahoo at the moment is "America's Most Stressful Jobs." I decided to check it out I was guessing Firefighters, EMT, Police Officers, Joe's job... would most likely be highest on the list. I was right on the first, Firefighter.
Then the second, "Corporate Executive." So I fall in the second most stressful job category.

Corporate Executive
Stress Rank: 199/200
Stress Score: 108.625
Unemployment: 0%-4%
Hours Per Day: 12
Time Pressure: High
Competition: High


"This highly competitive field requires detailed knowledge of the financial community, economic trends as well as technological developments and implications. Senior executives are expected to excel in many different fields at once, and face daily pressure to make far-reaching decisions that can affect numerous employees and their company’s bottom line," says CareerCast.com.

And as I was looking through the top 10 I came across number 9:

Advertising Executive
Stress Rank: 192/200
Stress Score: 74.555
Unemployment: 14%+
Hours Per Day: 9.5
Time Pressure: Moderate
Competition: Very High

"Although not physically demanding, work in advertising is emotionally and mentally stressful. Competition and the pressure of acquiring and maintaining major accounts forces executives in this field to work long and irregular hours. The work requires a high level of creativity, meeting deadlines, close attention to detail and self-motivation," says CareerCast.com.

So I fall into the number 2 and number 9 categories.
Sounds about right, FYI number 3 is Taxi Drivers. Who knew!

No comments: