This is exactly what it looked when I walked onto Natalia's room at 5am. After getting ready for work and eating breakfast I finally went in to grab her so she could eat. It was still dark, just a nightlight on but I could tell that her white polka dotted sheets looked a little red. Her white Pj's also looked red, so did her blankets, hands, hair, face! What!
I immediately turned on the light and she was covered in regurgitated carrot baby food. I'm not sure when all of this happened but I remembering her cry once at 4am, I knew I only had 30min to sleep until my alarm went off so I went back to bed.
I stripped her bed and clothes, washed her up thought, "so she doesn't like carrots?" She can't be sick or could she? I was not feeling great last night or this morning but could she be sick?
So I sat on the couch and fed her, at 5:25am it was time to get dressed. I took her into our room and put her in bed with Joe. She seemed happy... until she burped. Then the only thing that comes to mind is the scene in the exorcist. I knew at this point we were dealing with a sickie. At first I thought, well, lets send her to school, how bad can it be. But then I became rational and asked how Joe's day at work looked as I had a few meetings I could not miss. We played rock, paper, scissors and Joe lost therefor having to stay home. While we were having this discussion the poor little miss Tally sat smiling in her puke looking from Joe to me as we debated the day. Oh the joys of parenting...
1 comment:
awwwww ... hope she's feeling better soon!
Post a Comment