Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Weekend

The weekend turned out nothing like I imagined it, but sometimes these little things make life more interesting.

I ended up getting the flu on Friday and left work. I was in the middle of doing an interview and my tummy shifted and I knew I just needed to get home since it is a 45min drive. The moment I walked in the door and for the next four hours I pretty much slept on the bathroom floor. Joe came home and it hit him as well. Selena managed to avoid getting sick though. I remember coming in and out of my haze on the couch as Selena watched Cars. By that time it had hit Joe and he was in bedroom. Natalia managed to sleep from 6pm-6am and let Joe and I try to recover.

By Saturday morning Joe was feeling better but it took me until Tuesday to feel back to normal. We asked Selena to pick out her own clothing since neither Joe or I had full energy. That will be the last time we do that and she changed before we left the house.

Natalia sported a diaper while trying to crawl. She started saying "mama" over the weekend!




We did manage to get out of the house on Saturday to take Selena to her school/church Easter egg hunt. Luckily the rain stopped for that hour window we were there so she could enjoy the bouncy house.






Sunday we woke up and the Easter bunny had arrived. He hid eggs throughout the house and out in the front yard.









We went to church, Selena sported an Easter hat we found at Goodwill.



Joe made a wonderful Easter dinner. I still was not feeling well and Joe took charge and I really appreciate all the work he did and I wish I could have eaten more. But it was special for Selena and she ate enough for the both of us. We did let Selena dress herself again for dinner and she wanted to wear her princess dress, a fine choice if I do say.





This weekend Joe and I are finally getting around to writing a will, I know, super depressing Saturday. We have been meaning to do it since Selena was born but gosh time flys. Joe will also be going to the annual 4-wheel show tomorrow morning so he can do something manly. I will be enjoying the girls and getting some good cuddle time in with them before I have to leave for a week for work.

Happy Friday!

No comments: