Monday, April 5, 2010

Jump Start

It's been quite a weekend but I'll get to that later. Let's just say Joe and I were sick with the flu, Natalia is again having ear issues and Selena was going through the terrible two's at 3.8 years old.

This morning at 9am, my pump time I get ready like I have a thousand times and realize I left the plug to my pump at home. Yes, well it was quite the weekend. So I have the battery back-up, no problem... That is until I realize I do not have 8 AA batteries laying around. I ask our sweet Office Manager to have 8 AA batteries and I will pick some up at the store to replace them at lunch. I bring the batteries back to my office, put them in and nothing happens. I start to panic. No plug-in, no battery pack... I start going thought my drawers looking for a miracle. By now I have waisted 45 of an already packed Monday. I find an old, really, really old, I mean four cell phones ago, phone car charger that will fit my pump. I figure what else am I going to do?? I head down to my car, plug it in a pray I hear a sound. Nothing happens. Oh, yes I must turn on the car...
Just then, "choo, chooo, choo." Heavens it worked!

For some reason I decide I'm going to try the battery pack again and for some odd reason it works. I had no idea that a pump needed a jump start!

No comments: