Tuesday, November 24, 2009

35 things...



Wow, it's already been a week since I posted.
Joe and I have finally hit our grove and things are going much smoother in the Alonzo house. It only took a month but you know how it is, we might actually make it to see our 6th wedding anniversary now. I think we are ready for another little one or two. Kidding.
Natalia finally came down with a double ear infection last week. This after Joe made a comment that we have been lucky and Natalia had not had an ear infection yet. Selena had her first ear infection at 3 weeks and by four month had four ear infections. Well Joe took 1/2 day off on Friday morning and I took the afternoon off so he could go into work. When I took Natalia in the doc said it was a 9 out of 10 on how bad her ears looked. So now we know why she had been so fussy for two days. Selena also got her H1N1 nasal spray, an she acted like it was worse that a shot. I bribed her with 5 M&M's to go through with it, I hate bribing but with a screaming 4 month old on my lap I did what I had to do. And you know what calmed Selena down? Not the M&M's but the promise of a Hannah Montana sticker after she was done. Why didn't I think of that? Now she has be carrying that darn sticker around for four days.

The girls and I had a girls weekend, my favorite. Joe was off doing an engine swap in the Sammy all day Saturday and Sunday so we got to kick back and relax. Joe likes to go and go and go so sometimes it's nice to not plan anything and just play. And we played games and watched movies, went shopping, saw Santa and even took daddy dinner on Saturday night.

So this was the first year that Selena actually "gets" the whole Santa thing. Well kind of. She was really excited to see Santa but when we got there she got shy and didn't want to sit on his lap. No biggie, I understand he does not look like the cartoon Santa we had just seen in a movie that afternoon. She tells him she wants a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Very cool, now Joe and I will need to track one down so if you know where to find a neat one let us know. After we walked away she asked where her Tyrannosaurus Rex was. She thought she would ask him and then just get one. Wow, if that's how it worked I would ask for a vacation to Hawaii. I had to explain that he had to fly up to the North Pole tonight and make it for her and would bring it for Christmas. Kids and since of time just don't work because an hour later she was asking me if it was Christmas yet.

Sunday the girls and I went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving, boy what a mess that was. The stores were crazy but we made it out alive.

I'm so happy that tomorrow is my Friday, I have short timers for the long weekend. My dad is coming up and we are having all the Thanksgiving trimmings but no Turkey. We are doing a seafood Thanksgiving instead.

Do you want to know what makes Joe so special, well here it goes:
So last night Joe and I were talking and he mentioned one thing that I do that bugs him. So I said "oh yeah, well if we are going to talk about things that bug us about each other then I have a list for you." He made a joke about there being at least 35 things about me that doesn't bug him and when I asked him to name them there was a long pause and we both started laughing.
Well this morning as I'm packing up my pump parts there is a note in my bag that is titled: "35 Non peav's about Jessica"
Joe actually came up with 35 things that I do that don't bug him. As I read through all 35 non peavs he had me laughing. I would post them but it would probably bore you so I'll share a few.
8)You tolerate me
12)You play ball with Selena
15)You bring me food when I'm working on vehicles
23)You make a lot of pudding
29)You watch the fights with me
34)You make the house smell good (air fresheners, not your bottom) thanks babe!
I especially like his "bonus" one, I guess it would be number 36.
Bonus: You rub my back a lot. (lets try to move this one up the list?)
I love that it's a question, okay, I'll try and make it number 35 Joe.

And now for some pictures enough of my ramblings.







Hope everyone has a great holiday with family and friends!

1 comment:

Libby said...

so sweet...love the sister pictues!