Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Got my blood pumping...

I usually like to have a routine, okay I really like a routine. I am a creature of habit and that way it keeps me on track so I don't forget anything.
The evening looks like this:
Get home from work, unpack the breast milk, put milk in bag and into fridge, wash pump parts and lay out to dry, unpack lunch, get on comfy clothes, unpack Natalia's and Selena's backpacks, repack both backpacks, feed Natalia, help Joe cook dinner, eat dinner, clean up kitchen, take shower with Selena, get her dressed, play with Selena, watch DVR'ed show, feed Natalia, eat dessert, brush mine and Selena's teeth, read her two books, put her to bed, feed Natalia, put Natalia to bed and then Joe and I crash.

Same thing every morning:
Get up, do make-up, do hair, fix lunch, put washed pump parts into pump bag, eat breakfast, feed Natalia, get dressed, grab lunch, pump, purse and keys and leave.
Well something knocked me off my schedule today and I think it was grabbing a to-go cup off coffee this morning. I usually wait until I get to work for coffee.

I have 1/2 way to work, which is 20min from home when it hit me. I never packed my pump parts! A few options went through my head in desperation. 1) not pump for 13 hours. Yeah right! 2)Get to work and go to Target to buy replacement parts but I don't think I would be able to leave work at 9am when I needed to pump. 3) Go the 20min back home and get the parts but be late since that meant hitting the morning commute at the heart of it.

Well I knew I would have to get home and fast. I punched in home to work in my GPS and it showed my that I could make it home and to Bellevue by 7am, my start time. I have been getting to work at 6:30am since I have to take 3 pump breaks a day.

I got home, busted in the door, Joe looked concerned and by that time I was so mad that I barely even got out why I was back. I ran back out to the car and peeled out down the ally.

Determined to make it by 7am I carpooled all of I-5 and 405 and made it by 7:03am.

I will say this is the fist and hopefully LAST time I ever forget my pump parts.

No comments: