Monday, March 30, 2009

Babies and more babies

Is it me or does it seem like everyone is having a 2008/2009 baby! Congrats to Kelly and Jen for giving birth(well Jen did the work) to Carter John last week in Medford, OR. Can't wait to meet the little guy. My fried Libby's baby shower is this weekend so Selena and I get a girls night on Saturday and Joe, Selena and I are visiting some other friends for breakfast on Sat morning who have twin girls (1 year) and a 4 year old daughter as well. We are all at that age where the events are kid friendly I guess.
So another girl for us, now Joe and I can fight over just the girl names since he didn't like ANY of the boy names I had in mind. I'm sure we will come up with something by the time she is two days old at least. So like last time, no name reveals, not even the top favorites. Something has to remain a mystery. It took the tech about 25 min to just see the gender and then she was not sure so a doctor came in and said, looks like a girl. Not 100% but pretty close.
My mom, sister and Emmalee were up last weekend so we picked out bedding and Joe and I got the paint last night. We started taking the room apart. This is the only room in the house he have done nothing with. It still have red, blue and yellow stars painted on the walls from the people who owned the house before us. We painted over the stars, took off the ugly sliding closet doors with the lovely gold handles and moved all the furniture to the middle. Since Selena's room is go girly with pink, green and yellow, I wanted something different. When the doctor said "looks like a girl." I was really bummed because I didn't want another "girl" room. So I found some very gender neutral(guessing it was made for a boy though) bedding with brown, turquoise, green, yellow and orange. So once I got over the whole "I don't have to have a boy to have bold colors" pity party I was throwing myself then I got excited.
So we will get the room put together in the next few weeks and then try and finish up the closet doors and trim in Selena's room and the downstairs room closet doors and trim at least before July. But Joe's rear bumper should arrive in the next few weeks and there is a fight on this Wednesday so all work will be postponed for these events.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It is true!! I counted today and I know of 10 ladies that are either having a 2009 baby or will by October!

I am the opposite and was bummed to think of coming up with another Boy room, I so want to make a girly dream room!!