Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend with the family

I'm sure if Selena could tell us she would say last weekend was one of the best as far as kid activities. Grandpa and grandma Alonzo came up Thursday night and kept Selena home from daycare to spoil her with love and candy. There was lots of playtime and reading and a very short nap, she clearly didn't want to miss out on the fun.

Saturday we went to the kids museum in Tacoma. It was really pretty fun, lots of learning activities, some more advanced than Selena's age but most were just about being creative and play imagine. G&G Alonzo had fun watching her play and they got into the playing also, Joe being the biggest kid of all.














Saturday was also the day Selena did her first #2 into the potty. She's an old pro now at #1 but #2 kind of scares her a bit and she whines.

Sunday Selena went to a birthday party for her friend Amari from daycare. He was turning two and many of her daycare friends were there including one of her boyfriends Collen. The party was at Chuck E Cheese, I don't I have been to one since I was about 11 so it was fun to see all of the rides and games. The place was packed and each kid was given a bag of tokens to use. Of course Grandpa Joe and Joe used some tokens to play some arcade games. They are such big kids!

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key, we watched movies, ate, sat around and I recovered from a cold. Joe broke down and bought cable. We haven't had cable for seven+ years. I couldn't get that remote away from him!

The next few weeks are going to be busy, I travel for work this week and Joe travels for work next week. We also found out our good friends the Smiths are having another girl in March so Avery will have a little sister!

No comments: