Friday, November 7, 2008

"My own bed"


This picture has nothing to do with the blog but I thought it was pretty funny. Joe picked these up for when we go see the annual monster truck show and for Selena to wear while he was sanding the cabinets.

Selena has gotten over her fear of the toddler bed. After switching from the crib to the toddler bed two months ago she had a few rough weeks with the transition. She all of a sudden developed a fear of elephants and air planes in her room. But we have had a smooth month now.

At about 8:30 each night we will be watching tv or reading on the couch and she will say "I want to go to my own bed." Her way of saying I'm tired. So I take her to go potty and brush her teeth and she runs back to the couch to kiss daddy. This is where I usually take her to her room to tuck her in and we sing a very off key version of Twinkle Little Star. Well last night she wanted to "do it me self."

After kisses and hugs we listened for her to walk down the hall, she used the stool to turn on her light, climbed down to turn on her night light, climbed back up the stool to turn off the overhead light, kissed and told her dolls goodnight, climbed in bed and tucked herself in. She was asleep when Joe checked on her 10 min later.

My little girl is growing up, while this was another way she shows her independence I was a little sad that she didn't need any help. I guess I'll just have to get used to this.

Grandma and Grandpa Alonzo arrived last night about 9pm and are keeping Selena home from daycare today to spoil her. I bet she is going to have a great day and have lots of stories to tell us when we get home from work.

Happy Friday! Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

No comments: