Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sharing a Moment


I usually don't get all mushy, it's just not me but here it goes...
Last night before bed I went in to make sure Selena still had her blankets on, she usually kicks them off and then curls up to keep warm. When I looked in on her she still had her eyes open almost 30 min after I put her down. She looked up at me with very sleepy eyes and raised her arms towards me. Usually I would just rub her head but something made me pick her up. I held her and she hugged me but couldn't get comfortable on my shoulder so I did something that I haven't done in months. I held her like a baby, anyone who has a toddler knows that they hate this position! But Selena went with it. I just held her and rocked her, she looked up at me still very sleepy and smiled that drunken baby smile right before they drift off to sleep. We just watched each other and I touched my nose to hers, she wouldn't stop looking into my eyes and smiling. Her eyes would roll back and eyelids would start to close but she kept smiling. Then I hear "What are you doing? "Come to bed, let her sleep, don't you know she needs 10 hours?" "Leave her alone." Joe, bursting my bubble. I ignored him and continued to snuggle with my girl until she fell asleep in my arms. Then I laid her in bed and covered her up and thought, it has been such a long time since Selena let me cuddle her to sleep and I miss that! I got in bed and again I hear "what were you doing?" I said "sharing a moment," and Joe in his I'm so making fun of you voice sang "sharrrring and moooment, ohhhh." Men, they will never understand...

No comments: