** UPDATE ** See below the line for the morning blog.
It's not pink eye! Thank God. It's amazing that your body plays tricks on you, all day my eyes were itching and for nothing. Well not nothing, Selena and I have had colds for about two weeks, they would get better and now really bad. For me I feel like I'm in a fog, I keep coughing, my throat hurts and my ears are plugged. I know I have a sinus infection and ear infection like always I'm just putting off going to the doctor. So we take Selena in because her eye was crusted shut this morning and we are thinking pink eye. Well good news, not pink eye. Bad news, ear infection. WHAT??!! She just got tubes less than two months ago, more good news, the tubes are doing their job. They are draining like they should be but the goo is coming out her noise, ears and eyes and it all looks like snot. So gross, didn't know it was possible to drain out your eyes. So I guess Selena's had it up to her eye balls with this cold. hee hee.. It's funny now that Joe and I know we are not going to have to wear sunglasses to work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In our quest to have every known illness that runs rampage in daycare settings we have added pink eye to the list. Joe noticed this crusty goop yesterday morning in Selena's right eye but never said anything to me. So I come home, get her up from her evening nap and... wait... what the heck?! I don't know much about pink eye but I was recently informed about this very fun little anoyance at Libby's bachelorette party. One of our friends Katrina all of a sudden came down with pink eye mid party weekend and like a good sport put on dark glasses and went out parting anyway. So I learned a few facts from Katrina that weekend. I knew it was very contagious and of course my eyes started itching right away, my worry was getting pink eye and having to wear my sunglasses to work. Joe's worry was missing his work Christmas party on Friday because we couldn't leave Selena with the Smiths since they have a 18 month old and we wouldn't want her to get it.
So to all the folks from Portland to Medford who were affected by the Christmas flu of 2006 from the little monster we are going to have this cleared up before we come down. The real surprise will not be the presents we will be bringing down but what mysterious illness Selena will share with everyone this year, we are hoping for nothing but preparing for anything.
3 comments:
You're such a girlie girl!!
UNCLE RICH RULES!!!
You're such a girlie girl!!
UNCLE RICH RULES!!!
Richie!!!! Hello my big dork of an uncle!
Post a Comment