Friday, September 21, 2007

Update on the ears...


Selena will be going in for tubes on Tuesday October 30th at 6:30am. So sad but I'll be in town that week. Joe took Tuesday off and I had already taken Wednesday off for Halloween so this works out as an extra recovery day. The surgery will only last 30min and Selena is not allowed to drive or make decisions for 24 hours. So therefore we will do what I want to do and she will wear what I put her in and eat what I give her. She also cannot operate heavy machinery, so no biking. I'm sure the whole procedure will be more painful for Joe and I than for her. She will just be happy to spend a few extra days with mom and dad.

This is a temporary fix as tubes only last 6-9 months and may cut down ear infections from 9 a year to 3 a year. They eventually fall out and we may need to do it all over again. We also found out that getting water in the ears with tubs is not as bad as once thought. I always had to have clear wax plugs in my ears at bath time and for swimming when I had tubes. It's now okay but we need to be careful at bath time not to get soap/water mix in the ears.

We are hoping that this temporary fix keeps us out of the doctor's office each month, fingers and toes crossed!

No comments: