Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Feeding Frenzee


We have been practicing with Selena on holding her own spoon. She has mastered the art of stuffing her fists full of food into her mouth and burping so now we think it is time to teach her some manners. She hates it when we spoon feed her! She will only eat what SHE is able to pick up. Showing a little Independence I guess, so that kind of limits what she can eat. Mac and Cheese smeared into her hair and the highchair and on the floor is getting to be a mess so we decided we would show her the fine are of utensils. Try one went very well, she held the spoon and I guided her hand to her mouth. Once she figured out that this thing would put food in her mouth she was happy and kicking her feet. She would feed herself a bit and laugh, I can only guess she was so proud of herself and Joe and I were happy that she had fun. The spaghetti and green bean mix was a little messy and all over my arms and her arms but we had fun. I think we will try some soup tonight.

No comments: