Thursday, January 6, 2011

You know your getting old when...

Or maybe I’m just old school!
Now I know 31 is not really old, I am comfortable with my age and love being in my 30’s. So let me explain.
Recently we have hired a few new admin assistants to help out. I have two new assistants. One came from the site level, meaning she was an apartment manager and has worked for the company for three years. The other is brand new to the company. Both 24. The site level one, I will call her D, is always appropriately dressed in a suit. I believe a suit is a business standard, call me old school I guess. This is a corporate environment, investors come through the halls and we are the look of the company. D understands this because this has always been our site level form of dress. Business suits only.
Some days I “dress down” meaning not wearing a suite coat but suite pants with a blouse or sweater, always heels. The other I will call N, wore a suit to the interview. I never interview anyone who is not wearing a suit. If they are not in a suit I have the nice front desk lady simply turn them away. There was one gal who was in a suit but with the Snooki hair and stripper shoes and that interview lasted all of 5 min.
Anyway, back to N. She dressed very business for the interview process and I interviewed her three times, I do that to see how they look each time. So the first few weeks she looked great. Lately I am noticing a few changes. Like today, my eyes almost popped out of my head when she walked by my office in a mid thigh skirt that was so tight I’m not sure how she got it on and a sweater showing cleavage. Crap! Was all I could think. She looks like a streetwalker! Many of the younger gals are very casual about their dress code including wearing uggs to work! For some of you it may seem a little strange that I’m ranting about uggs since I live in them when I’m not at work but I would NEVER wear them to work. Casual Friday, sure, but not Monday-Thursday. So there are two gals here that I believe are competing to see how can dress the slutiest. I always wondered when this day would come. The day that these young 20 something’s were dressing to “young” for me. Well, I now know the age is 31.
So N workes for me Monday and Wednesday and another guy I'll call S, Tuesday and Thursday. We both share her Friday. Anyway, I'm sure S has not noticed her today or if he did, probebly did not mind the way she looked. Men! :) So what do I do? Tell him to talk to her since she is his problem today? Talk to her myself? Ignore it and wait until she shows up in just underware looking like Lady GaGa? I chose to ignore it and try to get a cell phone picture of her when she is not looking and send it into the fasion police for when they do the "Starlet ot Streetwalker" portion of the show.
Is it just me or does the younger generations lack work ethic? Okay, so that is another rant for another time…

No comments: