Friday, June 11, 2010

Camping

I know, I know! It's been a few weeks since I last posted. Well we will be going on vacation in two weeks so work has been hectic for both of us as we prepare to take some much needed time off.
For Memorial weekend we went camping in the same place we did last year. We went to Scout Lake between Hoodoo and Sisters, OR. While last year was sunny and hot, this year was a little more cloudy and rainy. But no matter what camping is a fun way to get friends and family together.
Joe and I took Friday off of work so we could leisurely make our way to the campground and get set up before the others arrived. The weather was cool and the rain came in later that evening but it didn't put a damper on the trip.





Saturday began cool but as the day went on turned out to be very sunny and warm. We went into Sisters and then back to camp to hike around the lakes, play some Beersbie and hit some softballs. (the cute little boy is Carter, Kelly and Jen's son)





















Natalia practiced face diving while the boys brushed up on their bike skills.


They stayed safe wearing Selena's helmet.




Selena was taught a thing or two also.



Natalia just wanted to eat wings.





Sunday we woke up to sun and then before we knew it it was cloudy again but very warm, we went to Smith Rock to hike with the group and get some exercise. I ran into a friend from high school who lives in Redmond now. I keep up with her blog so very random that I would see her since it's been about 11-12 years I'm sure since I last saw her.






Dirty Dave striking a pose.


Selena and her gang and wild boys.











Monday we woke up to more rain and promptly took down camp. Everything was damp and I think all of us were ready for hot showers but what a great weekend. Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: