
Yesterday I get home and Joe says "Selena got in trouble at school today." He hands me an incident report and all I can think of was "who did she beat up?" I begin to read:
We were lining up to wash hands before first snack at 9:30am and Selena pulls down her pants and yells "See my bottom!"
There are a few emotions as a parent that you go though. I was embarrassed of course but the relief that Selena didn't bloody someones face was so great. I was about to yell at Joe about all the UFC she watches since on more than one occasion she has come at Natalia with fists flying. As I was picturing the scenario in my head I could just see her lining up all giggly and being the attention seeker that she is pulling this inappropriate stunt. I felt bad for the teacher that had to fill out this incident report and I'm sure had to calm all the giggling 3 year olds down and keep others from doing the same thing. Selena is just lucky that I was not there as she would not be able to sit today. But part of me also found this funny. Not thinking in the moment but thinking ahead to when she 16 and pulling this incident report out for her to see. We do plan to keep it, it's her first one and after the talk we gave her last night, it will be the only one.
After talking to her and being very stern about this NEVER happening again we gave her some time in her room to think it over. When she was done thinking about it, her and I decided that we should write her teacher a sorry note. So as I stood at the hall closet looking through all the cards I was having trouble finding a card that says "Sorry about showing my bottom at school." Hallmark does not make that one, or I just have never had to look for one like that.
I picked out a blank card that had flowers and bees on it, it was the best I could do.
So Selena and I sat down and I asked her what it should say:
Dear Teacher ______,
I am sorry about making bad choices at school. You are a good teacher. Here is a flower sticker for you.
Love,
Selena
And Selena wrote her own name (with a little help) since this teacher has been working with her daily on it.
Nothing breaks up the week like an incident report.
No comments:
Post a Comment