Monday, March 22, 2010

Debt-What a way to start a Monday

"reduce deficit by $143B over ten years". False logic. If I borrow $2000 to buy a big screen TV, and the store gives me a $100 rebate, I have not "saved" $100; I have spend $1,900 dollars I don't have on something I didn't need. And that is exactly what Congress has done. Spent $1 trillion we don't have for something we don't need, and are cheering that they "saved" $143B. We have "saved" nothing.

This bill will provide INSURANCE, not HEALTH CARE to millions of Americans. Folks with jobs will pay for it. Right now folks with jobs pay for their own INSURANCE and can't comfortably afford it, how can they afford to pay for millions besides themselves? Will health care improve? NO. In fact if I understand basic economics correctly, increased demand means increased cost. So with millions more on INSURANCE plans the cost will rise, not drop.
When we get millions of lazy, welfare, shot up losers in the ER for free our HEALTH CARE will decline and our COSTS skyrocket.
Now the IRS sees on the tax returns the enormous amount of money going into insurance companies and the government wants a piece of the pie. So if they can sell insurance just look at all the money they can embezzle.
So you really think this administration or any other gives one hoot about your health? Or that of your kids? Geez they throw your kid into a school bus and take off down the highway with no seat belt to protect your kid.
This administration knows full well that a majority do not want this bill. Why are they forcing it down our throats? Think of what the government has to gain from a bill like this opposed to what you have to gain and it should give you nightmares.
As I was told growing up "you better find a job with benefits like health insurance" not "when you grow up you will get health insurance."
It is not my moral obligation to take care of other people, it is my responsibility to take care of MY family. If a neighbor of mine needs help, I would be the first to step in and help. If a friend needs help I again would help. I don't want to be forced to help people who take advantage of the system, who are looking for a handout and take advantage of people who work hard just to get by. It is my right to choose and come November I will express the right.
Obama needs to stop harping on health care and start working on creating jobs.
Just my thoughts, I don't mind hearing other thoughs...

4 comments:

Erin said...

well, coming from a place where we struggle to make ends meet, let alone have health coverage for ourselves and children, it is a very good thing. Graham works in an industry where health care is not often offered to employees and we cannot afford to purchase any for him with even the highest deductible option. I Cobra with henri and we purchase a high deductible plan for Oliver, two things financially we should not do but MUST.

brandysprick said...

What I think that many people are losing sight of, regardless of the language (saving money or not), is that "we" are paying for others health care anyway. Those that don't have insurance present to the ER and those of us who pay taxes pay for it. It doesn't really make a difference how you look at it. The bottom line in my book is that we have a social (let alone a moral...) obligation to take care of one another, rather than turn our backs & "ignore" the problems of our society.

Kati said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Jessica!!! I've been trying to find the words to say to people and haven't been able to articulate it very well!!!

I love you both Erin and Brandy...but I'm sorry you feel the way you do! I guess I'll just teach my kids that it doesn't matter how hard you work at something because "someone" will just take care of you in the end!!! Might as well just be mediocre, because the harder your work, and the more money you earn...the more you are "punished" (oh excuse me...taxed) on it. No reason to work hard and provide for yourself and your family then if we're all just going to be "equal" in the end! ARRRGGGGGGGG!!! Love you guys!!!

Kristie said...

Love your post ... I totally agree with you. We're having issues in NJ with craziness on a state level ... it's now the Governor vs. teachers/NJEA ... I work in a school but am still on the Republican side of the fight at this point. *toodles*