
Even when Selena does not appear to be listening, she is always listening. She will listen for us to say a word that she either has never heard or hears very rare and then will say, "we don't say ___." Like magazine, "we don't say magazine." Or porcupine, "we don't say porcupine." I know she is figuring out the English language and learning new words everyday but we are always telling her, "yes Selena, we say magazine." Or any other word she thinks we don't say. Then if she does not know the word she will ask what it means and why it means that. One day while trying to explain the word 'tush" I said "I hurt my tush doing squats." Explaining that "tush" is another word for bottom. So now when I say "tush" she will say, "Tush means to hurt your bottom." Yeah, close Selena.
Last night Joe and I turned on the movie Funny People. Selena will watch some movies with us with a few bad words once and a while but this one we actually had to turn off. The F word was said and Selena caught on right away, "We don't say Fu**." There is something cute about a three year old saying it but I for sure don't want her repeating it. So I said, "no we don't only in the movie." So that word was said again and she responded, "only in the movie." And again, "only in the movie." By the fourth time, "only in the movie." We turned it off, I had a feeling she was going to repeat "only in the movie" every time a bad word was said and being an Adam Sandler movie it could be a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment