I was able to leave work yesterday at 4:30 so that I could be at the daycare by 5:30pm to pick them up. They were both really excited to break out a few min earlier than usual and I used this time to do a little playing before dinner. Joe called and said they were having fun biking in Whistler and that they are feeling a little sore after two full days of riding and one to go.
Selena was more interested in playing with her monster trucks than talking with daddy and Natalia just wanted to play with her new laptop that she got for her birthday. The night was fast but I was amazed at all I got done. I did laundry and cleaned both bathrooms and put away clothes all while the girls took a bath. After baths Natalia actually fell asleep by 7pm and refused to get up at 8pm when I tried to give her a bottle so I put her back down. Selena and I cuddled on the couch and caught up on my DVR'ed shows before going to bed by 9pm.
Today went much more smooth with the kiddos. Natalia only did some wining and Selena only did some grunting when I woke them both up. I tried the whole "bed bouncies" thing that my mom and dad would use to wake me up when I was little. Pushing down on the bed and making it bounce while saying bed bouncies over and over. It actually worked on put a smile on Selena's face. After breakfast, getting dressed and teeth brushed we were out the door on time and I got them to daycare with both awake. There was no crying today just "I'm going to miss you so much when you are at work." I'm looking forward to having tomorrow off. Joe should be home tonight and we can relax and sleep in tomorrow before heading down to Portland for a wedding on Saturday. Selena will be staying with my mom in Salem all next week so she can play with her cousin and get some good grandma time. Joe and I will also be able to give Natalia some special one-on-one time and get that lazy bones walking. She can walk a little but prefers to scoot-crawl so she can keep up with Selena.
No comments:
Post a Comment