Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And only one of us gets coffee...

It was an early morning, much earlier than a usual work day. My morning started out a 4am, it's only 30 min earlier than usual but let me tell you that is 30 min I could use for sleep.
You see, Joe is up in Whistler biking and he left yesterday morning after dropping the kids off at school. I am very happy for him because this is the first time since having kids that he took off during the week and left me with the kids. His birthday is Saturday so this is like a birthday celebration with his guy friends.

I tried to get everything pretty organized last night so this morning went smooth. I laid out but girls clothing, breakfast and toothbrushes.

Alarm went off, I woke up and stumbled to the coffee machine wishing that I would have set up the automatic brew timer because I could not get my eyes working yet. I dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready and turned on the light in Selena's room to gently persuade her to wake-up. I opened Natalia's door to let some light and sound in. I got myself ready while I drank my over sized cup of coffee and then went about getting the sleepy girls up. Natalia first, bottle, snuggle, bottle, cereal bar. Then went to get Selena up who is just like me in the morning and I was afraid that she would punch me in the face. As a bribe I got her breakfast ready and it was 1/2 cinnamon roll and blueberries. I carried her out of her bed crying for sleep and tried to snuggle her awake a bit but ended up putting her on the chair and said "Cinnamon roll!" trying to get her excited about eating. She kind of cried-ate all through breakfast saying that she wanted to go back to bed. I got her dressed, Tally dresses, teeth brushed, myself dressed and we were out the door by 5:25am.
I got to the daycare which is only a 5 min drive and both kids were asleep. So I had to once again be the barer of bad news that it was time to get up again. The very perky Nicki and Jessica were there waiting for us as they knew we were going to have two early days this week. They were the first kids to arrive at this god awful hour and I tried to get my zombie like girls to smile while we put away their backpacks. I handed Natalia to Jessica and she started crying, I said she was tired. I hugged Selena and she would not let me go and as I walked away she had a major breakdown crying for me and saying she wanted to go to bed. Day one down and one to do.
I guess we are all going to have to go to bed earlier tonight.

1 comment:

Jamee said...

oh you poor thing! haha hopefully tomorrow will go better for you and the girls. :)