Friday, January 2, 2009

Alonzo Christmas Vacation-Salem



Well I finally got home from CA and was in bed by 2am Friday morning, thankfully because of the snow work was cancelled on Friday so I got to work from home. I got to sleep until 6:30 and got up to try to get some work done but I was distracted by housework since I was gone all week. Plus my wireless card wasn't working on my computer. Selena's daycare was closed so we spent the day playing inside staying warm.
Joe got home a little early and we did our little Christmas. I got Guitar Hero World Tour and the wii guitar! Super excited about that! Selena opened a few small gifts and Joe got a new fancy digital camera in a nice shade of blue, his favorite color.




With the car packed we ventured out into the NW snow, we only had about 5" when we left but there was another storm coming in Saturday. We got out just in time and saw snow from Seattle until Salem where the snow stopped.
Spent the next few days at grandma Beth's with auntie Ariel and Emma. The snow started Saturday at noon and really didn't stop for two days. It made for a nice white Christmas.


We made a baby Jesus birthday cake and cookies, ate lots of great food and opened presents. There were a few walks in the snow, one to make a Starbucks run, and to just get some fresh air. We visited Santa and went sledding!







Selena received lots of fun gifts that we had to pack up and hide in black plastic bags for the next two weeks since we were traveling. She loves her sing-along radio and wooden food set for her kitchen.

Then we were off to head south for the next leg of vacation...

No comments: