Thursday, May 12, 2011

Seizure

Natalia had her third seizure last night. To say that it is not as scary each time would be a lie. It's like the first time each time. We are pretty convinced that she is having seizures from Lyme but we are going to have to start at the beginning since it's pretty controversial and her Pediatrician even said there is no proof that it can be passed from mom to baby. We have heard it all before, all the doubts from Dr.'s, all the "you are fine," "it's normal." Joe is at home waiting to get her in to be seen. We are going to need to have some tests run. She had her last one April 20th and the 1st one in October. Each time her fever was not very high. Joe was home with her and Selena when she went into the seizure, by the time I arrived home from work she was coming out of it a paramedics were on their way. She was very sleepy when they arrived just after me and took her vitals. About an hour later once she took a quick nap and we had dinner I picked her up and she threw up all over me. Poor kid. It just makes me more scared about this pregnancy as I was only on treatment for four months before getting pregnant. Miscarriage, stillbirth and health issues, for the new baby are all on my mind today. It's scary just not knowing what the next few weeks/months/years will hold. I will be seeing a "specialist" and I use that term loosely, about Lyme during pregnancy. My Lyme Dr. is defiantly the best but this is something my OBGYN set up so I have to go along with it. I can't help but be skeptical about what this person will say since my OBGYN kind of shut down once I told her I was being treated for Lyme. Can't blame them though, it's the LDA and the CDC who are tampering with the actual severity of this disease to profit. Yesterday I was excited about baby names and today it's worrying about Natalia and putting everything else aside. Selena is feeling neglected and acting out at school, Joe and I are just going to need to balance some things out the next few days to give her support as well. If only I didn't have to work. I would love to be home with my girls today giving both extra special attention.

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh Jess I'm so sorry! I would be such a wreck! I hope that they can get to the bottom of what is wrong. and I really hope that it is treatable. I have an amazing Naturopath here that treats Lyme as well (she has a background in both traditional and naturopathic medicine) If you are interested, I could see if she has any referrals in your area for someone to see...I'll be thinking about you guys and sending good juju.