Monday, September 27, 2010

Suckramento

Suckramento is just a little nickname Joe gave the CA capitol when I was spending so much time there a few years back. I think a good two years of my life were spent in Sacramento. I used to travel three weeks out of every month there for two years. Well I have not been there since Dec 2008, I was newly pregnant with Natalia and I have enjoyed not having to travel to Sacramento. Well today, I came back "home" for the whole week.
I arrived about 5pm and as I was driving from the airport into downtown, with the sun shining off the buildings and the temps hitting 97 degrees, I found myself smile. I felt like I do when I go to Whistler Canada. I know this town well and feel very at home. I never have to use GPS. I know Sacramento better than Seattle, Bellevue and Tacoma combined.
I checked in at my home away from home, the Hyatt. They welcomed me back and ask why I haven't been there in a while. I found my way to my room and everything smelled the same and looked the same.
I decided to hit the 24 hour fitness center a few blocks away to take a step class. It was packed like always, I know this club well, where every machine was, some of the same people, it was as if I never left.

It's going to be a full week, tomorrow I'll be at:
The Monticello at Southport - West Sacramento, CA


Laguna Creek - Elk Grove, CA

No comments: