Monday, July 8, 2013

So we bought another house...

It's been a while since I have been on here but a lot has been going on to keep me busy.  Joe was offered a new job back in April and after a lot of thought decided to take the position.  Only one problem, the job is in Everett, WA.  For those of you not familiar with Washington, Everette is North of Seattle.  We live in NE Tacoma which is really Federal Way an not down town like the Tacoma Dome area.  Anyway, I work in Bellevue anyway so after thinking things over we started house searching.  We went out looking one VERY long day and after looking at about 9 homes we found two we liked.  What do we do, which do we choose?  Well one ended up selling that night so we were down to one and decided to put an offer in. 
I really live the house and I think it will be perfect for us but it needs a lot of work and I'm not talking to make it livable because it is totally move-in ready.  It was built in 1999 and well, we have come a long way from the gold fixtures and hollow flat doors.  So after 6 years of living in our current home and doing a total remodel of doors, trim, paint, flooring and carpets, it's time to start over. 
As long as the inspection goes well on Wednesday then we will be moving in about August 15th. 
I think I already have the whole house designed in my head.
 
It has 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bath

Living room - no this is not my furniture!


Livingroom
Kitchen

Dining room

 Master bedroom - yes it really is that big
 Ummmm, don't know what to call it, nook?
 Master bathroom - 5 piece I have been told whatever that means
 Wrap around porch
 View looking down from the porch
Backyard
 
Things I like:
  • The porch - I hope they leave the swing
  • Two of the upstairs bedrooms share a bathroom - Jack and Jill bathroom it's called. 
  • Selena and Tally will share a bedroom because even if we came them their own room they would be sleeping together.  The girls room is very big and has an extra large closet.
  • Wade's room has a 1/2 walk in closet.
  • The walk in closet in the master is HUGE! and when you walk through the closet there is a door on the other side leading to a big extra storage room.
  • 5 piece bath - still don't know what it is but it sounds like fun
  • Guest room/Den downstairs
  • Tons of closets and storage
  • Large garage and there is a shed on the side of the house
  • Mud room with large sink and laundry area
Things that need work:
  • I don't have any pictures of the bedrooms or that bathroom because the bathroom needs some work.  Lovely brown counter tops would not impress a buyer. 
  • Carpets will need to be replaced eventually
  • Flooring in kids bathroom needs to be replaced
  • Flat door need painting and molding, trim needed throughout the house
  • Kitchen cupboards need updating
  •  Paint everywhere - not in bad shape but needed to personalize
Now it's time to rent out our house, find a daycare, sign Selena up for school and pack.  Looking forward to a packed summer. 


1 comment:

Erin said...

it looks awesome!!

i can't believe you've been in your current house for 5 years now. crazy.

I believe a 5 piece bathroom means 2 sinks, 1 toilet, a tub & shower.

<3 <3