Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Report

Well another weekend passed by. It's been a busy few weekends. My mom and Emma came up two weekends ago to help me out. I have been up and down with sickness. With having Lyme it would flair up every other month or so. Now being on the meds give me constant symptoms so for 2 months I have felt sick. I guess I have to feel worse to feel better. The worst part is the exhaustion. I hit a wall by 11am and then another one about 2pm. But getting up at 4:30am and only getting 6.5 hours of sleep a night does not help.
My sister came up last Thursday and stayed with the girls on Friday. They had a great time with auntie and auntie also cleaned my whole house while I was at work! I came home to a clean home, happy kids and peanut butter cookies. I wish she didn't live 4 hours away!
My doctor suggested I do hot yoga to get rid of toxins in my body. I have never down yoga...yawn. To me yoga looks incredible boring. But hot yoga sounded right up my ally. Warm room was a plus but burning 600 calories an hour was an added bonus. We were going to do the 60 min class at 10am but Joe needed me to watch the girls so Ariel and I went to the 8am class for 90 min. It's 10 visits for $10 to get you hooked. I love a bargain, could not pass that up. We pull up and park and cars start pulling in the lot. A guy gets out of an SUV and Ariel says "He is hot, I hope he in the instructor!" Well he was. He got us all signed in and gave us the rundown of the yoga rules. They are pretty strict. He told us that our goal was to stay in the room for 90 min. We were fine for about 50 min but at 105 degrees and 40% humidity I was flat on the mat for the next 25 min trying not to pass out. I kept telling myself to breath but then I thought about the people on the news a year ago who died in the sweat lodge and said screw this! I walked out. I broke the number one rule. But by that time three other people had walked out also so I didn't feel so bad.
After spending the rest of the day pretty sick and dehydrated we decided to take the 60 min class on Sunday. We both made it through the whole class and 60 min seemed like nothing compared to the 90 min.
We of course watched the Super Bowl and ate tons of food. We earned it after all the calories we burned. The only bad thing is hot yoga is like a drug. When you are doing it you hat how it can make you feel but after you can't wait to get your next fix. I can't wait until Thursday night when I'll be there again. Oh sweet hot yoga!

I hardly slept last night. I felt like I had a fever and was so hot but my head was cool. I also felt like I had the flu. My alarm went off but I had been up for two hours tossing and turning. I almost called in sick but something told me to suck it up and go to work. I'm glad I did. The owner, who is my boss, cam into my office and said "you know I was thinking, why don't you work from home on Friday's for the next month. I can tell that you are feeling rundown and I need you healthy. Hopefully this will give you some extra rest needed to get better." My jaw hit the floor. I have never, nor would I, ask to work from home, change my schedule, cut my hours, nothing. I just work and not complain to anyone except my family and blog readers. :)
So starting this Friday I will be working from home. I'll be able to get the kids up, feed them breakfast and take them to school, come home and work in my PJ's and watch Regis and Kelly! Plus Howard Stern does not do his radio show on Friday so driving to work is no fun Friday's anyway. I am so happy to be able to work from home for a few days. I am so worn down my Wednesday but now Thursday will be my Friday.

Natalia is doing great. We are working on her speech, telling her to use her words and not whine. Ariel bought her some light up shoes and if she could she would wear them to bed.
Selena is doing great in school. Really spelling everything she can. Asking me how to spell something and then writing it down. Learning to read and just being her sweet self. The other day I said "Selena you are so..." while I was coming up with a sweet word to call her she finished my sentence and said "Complicated?" Not quite what I was going for but silly of her to say.
Joe took Selena out biking on some dirt trails and put the helmet cam on her so I'll have to watch it tonight. He said she was riding downhill faster than him. She is a shredder!

No comments: